Your fridge is an investment, which only means you need to think about it very carefully when you’re on the market for a new one. It’s one of the few appliances in your home that you need to splurge on a little bit to get the best quality. Plus, you’re going to use it every day, so it only makes sense that you make an effort to get the best one.
How do you do this? You need to know what to look for.
1. Know the Types
Refrigerators have come a long way, and making yourself familiar with these types will help make the process go easier.
- Top-Freezer: As the name implies, this type of fridge has a freezer on the top part. It’s a traditional fridge with the main fridge below, and it features a basic design. Usually, this type doesn’t come with additional features.
- Bottom-Freezer: If you consume more fresh produce, then this is an excellent choice. It has a freezer at the bottom that provides more space.
- Side By Side: This type comes with two narrow doors side by side. The chiller and freezer sections are placed alongside each other. It’s perfect if you want access to both at eye level.
- French-Door: This fridge type is a combination of both the bottom freezer and the side by side type. There are some models with an additional middle drawer.
2. Check the Special Features
It’s only natural to want a fridge with special features. Thanks to modern technology, refrigerators have become so advanced. You can have a fridge with ice and water dispensers, adjustable shelves, even a door alarm. There are also fridges now that come with a monitor!
Before you get dazzled by all these shiny new features, you need to look deeply into them to figure out which ones will give you the best experience and help you get the most out of your investment.
Here are features to look for:
- Air Filters: You don’t want a stinky fridge; hence, you need a refrigerator with enough air filters that can help reduce any lingering smell caused by rotten food.
- Dual Evaporators: A dual evaporator helps maintain good air quality that can help keep your food, especially your veggies, fresh longer!
- Flex Drawers: These are often found on French doors. It allows you to keep your food items at a specific temperature.
Finally, be mindful of the reviews. What do most consumers say about the fridge? Although you have your own preferences, it’s useful to know about other people’s experiences. You can use this information in the decision-making process. Fortunately, it’s easy to find reviews today. You can even join conversations on social media to get more information.
Knowing these three things when shopping for a new fridge is crucial. As mentioned, it’s a big decision and an investment that you will use every day. Therefore, make sure you choose the right one that will suit your needs and deliver the utmost convenience. Furthermore, only purchase from reputable stores for the best delivery terms and warranty.
AllSouth Appliance offers sales, delivery, service, and installation of different appliances in Birmingham as well as Huntsville, Montgomery, Chattanooga, and Destin, AL. We have a wide selection of refrigerators here. View our showroom today!