- In a large pan or pot, brown the ground meats and drain off the excess fat. Return the browned meats to the pan and add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic powder, and sugar. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, combine the eggs, cottage cheese., salt, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese, and half the mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-by-13 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of the meat sauce onto the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 cup. Create a double layer of the noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Spread evenly to cover the noodles as evenly as possible. Top with 1/3 of the meat sauce. Add a single layer of noodles and repeat. Repeat the process a third time, ending with the meat sauce as the last layer. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Preheat the oven on Convection Mode set to 350°F with a rack set on position “1.”
- Once preheated, place the lasagna into the oven and cook for one hour or until cooked through
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (or 16 oz jar of marinara or pasta sauce)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sugar to taste
- 1 box lasagna noodles (optionaly, par boiled)
- 3 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds mozzarella cheese, shredded