Al pastor tacos, traditionally done on a vertical rotisserie, can be done easily and deliciously right on your Broil King grill. This summery recipe combines beautifully marinated pork with a grilled pineapple salsa in an easy to enjoy handheld package!
- Combine ingredients from oil to salt in a blender and blitz until smooth. In a non-reactive bowl or ziplock bag, marinate sliced pork shoulder for no more than an hour as the pineapple juice can over tenderize the meat.
- On your grill, replace a grid with a Broil King griddle. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush oil onto pineapple slices with Broil King’s basting brush. Season with a sprinkling of salt or tajin seasoning.
- Grill pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely colored with grill marks.
- Transfer pineapple to a cutting board and dice into small cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pineapple with red onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil to taste. Add more salt or tajin seasoning if needed.
- Grill sliced pork shoulder for 3-4 minutes per side, until charred and cooked to 145°F. Rest on a cutting board for 3 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- Heat corn tortillas on the griddle until warm and pliable.
- Assemble tacos with pork and salsa, and dig in!